cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Virgin media wall socket

Royley2
Tuning in

Hi

We have recently moved into a new flat and we were told that Virgin media was set up to deliver broadband here, but there’s only an openreach wall socket, not a Virgin media one.

We tried to plug it into the SAT and RETURN but that didn’t work, the base light kept blinking green and never went to solid white. I did call the number in the QuickStart guide, but the person I spoke to didn’t say anything about the wall socket, he simply just tried to restart the activation of the hub.

Do we need an engineer to come out?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

7 REPLIES 7

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Often in flats there is just a coax cable coming out of the wall, if you cannot trace one:

Call the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734 8AM- 9PM Monday - Friday or 8AM-6PM Saturday and Sunday

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

It looks like this:

F51285CF-173C-4C41-8005-5914E21FCB2B.jpeg

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Royley2 wrote:

F51285CF-173C-4C41-8005-5914E21FCB2B.jpeg

If you can't find any other socket, there is a possibility that the communal system outlet plate can be used for the service. In this case one of the SAT outputs would be used by changing a cable in the equipment cupboard outside the flat.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Royley2,

Sorry you have had to post on here. 

Can we please ask if you have been able to call and arrange a manned installation?

Gareth_L

Hi

We have booked an engineer for Thursday.

Will we only be charged from when the wifi is active and working or from the delivery date when we received the router?

Thanks

Hey Royley2, thank you for reaching out and  a warm welcome to the community.

You will start getting charged from the day you plug your equipment in and activated, however we would recommended setting your kit up within 5 days from the delivery.

If you do need any help with this, please do let me know. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?