cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Virgin Media Wall Socket

EthJ
Joining in

Hi there.

I received my broadband kit today but sadly I'm unable to use it right away due to the lack of a virgin media wall socket.

I currently reside in a rental property, so I assume that I'll need to get in contact with my landlord first to make sure they're happy about someone coming out to install one for me?

15 REPLIES 15

Because I don't know how to? Nor the equipment and tools needed for the job? I wouldn't have the faintest clue on where to start.

@EthJ wrote:

Because I don't know how to? Nor the equipment and tools needed for the job? I wouldn't have the faintest clue on where to start.

The supplied cable fits into the NTL box.

The other end fits into the HUB.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJvKSP3AnRc

Sorry for the extremely delayed response but thanks for the help! I wasn't aware that the old wall socket would be functional.

However, I seem to be having issues with getting connected to my PC, be it Wi-Fi or LAN.

Which is unusual considering my PS5 and mobile seem to connect to it just fine but my PC seems to refuse to detect an internet signal/connection to it.

I've tried a handful of things like running Windows troubleshooter, turning the Hub off and on again, disconnect and reconnect the LAN cable, the basic checks really!

Any ideas what might be causing this issue? If I manage to fix it, I'll be sure to update this immediately.

Alright, scratch that, I managed to fix it by giving both the Wi-Fi and LAN a proper diagnostic check, and now it's been fixed.

Once again, apologies for my blunt reply from before, and I would like to thank you all again for your help!

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi EthJ

Thanks for getting back in touch.

I am happy to hear you have been able to get the issue sorted from your end 🙂

Please get back to us if you have any questions or concerns in the future.

Take care, 

Nat