cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No VM wall socket

Daily_Earthly
Joining in

Property has external VM box with cable visibly running in through external wall but no interior wall socket. Newly decorated throughout - perhaps the box was removed. VM install kit arrived today but can't connect via absent wall socket.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

In some old installations there was no wall box indoors, just a trailing cable to connect to. In some cases a very short stub of wire with a plug on the end may be left behind hidden behind a plastic electrical blanking plate etc. Often cables can be cut/removed during renovations, as you suggest.

If you can't find any connections you will need a technician installation to fit them by calling the pre-install team on 0800 052 1734 which should FOC for a new quick start customer with no VM connection.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

goslow
Alessandro Volta

In some old installations there was no wall box indoors, just a trailing cable to connect to. In some cases a very short stub of wire with a plug on the end may be left behind hidden behind a plastic electrical blanking plate etc. Often cables can be cut/removed during renovations, as you suggest.

If you can't find any connections you will need a technician installation to fit them by calling the pre-install team on 0800 052 1734 which should FOC for a new quick start customer with no VM connection.

There's a metal blanking plate quite near the expected cable entry position. I checked that - it's mains cable with chocolate block. Thanks -I'll call the number you supplied.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Daily_Earthly,

Thanks for posting, and a warm welcome to the Community Forums!

I'm sorry to hear you've received your kit to realise there is no internal socket for you to connect to. I've taken a look on our side and can see you've spoken with our team and have had somebody visit your property.

How are things looking since the visit?

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ