cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No VM wall socket

RealNail
Joining in

Hello! I have just moved to a new house and ordered self-install Quick start kit for M200 fibre broadband . I can not find Virgin Media wall socket, though VM web-site shows, that my house had connection. Inside the house I have only BT wall socket with ADSL connection. 

inside wall socket.jpg

Outside of the house I have brown box with telephone lines connections and coaxial cable connection. 

Screenshot 2021-10-04 at 09.38.15.jpg

As far as I understand, a fibre optic line should come into the house.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

There are two white cables going into the wall. On the inside, one of them should have a connector very similar to the metal one you can see on the outside. That's the one you need, if it's still there.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

The second picture shows a Virgin cable outside the house.  That's the one you need.  Can you follow that cable into the house? If you can't find a connector inside on the end of the cable you will need to call Virgin customer services and request a manned installation.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Thank you for fast reply. Do you mean the right part of the second picture? Should I find the coaxial cable inside the house? 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

There are two white cables going into the wall. On the inside, one of them should have a connector very similar to the metal one you can see on the outside. That's the one you need, if it's still there.

- jpeg1