cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No VM wall socket

Jinxy28
Joining in

I have no VM wall socket. What do I do now? I have got all the quick set up stuff and VM said the checks showed I could have it. I live in a flat.

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

The quick start is offered if VM records show a recent past connection at the property.

Sometimes the connection may not be via a wall box. Sometimes just a trailing coaxial lead is where the hub connects to. Unfortunately, previous occupiers often cut these and remove them as well as the boxes if they don't actually use VM.

If you have your own VM connection to the property, the usual advice is to find the 'omnibox' outside where the VM cable comes in from the street (usually grey or brown plastic wall box which may be badged with VM or one of the previous cable TV company names) then see if you can trace the coax cable from there into the property (may well be hidden behind or inside fittings, furniture etc.).

If there really is no cable coming in, then you need a technician installation.

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @Jinxy28, and a very warm welcome to our Community Forums!

Are you possibly able to offer us an update on the status of your services?

If you do need the install to be converted to a manned install, this will need to be done via our Pre-Installs team, who can be contact on 0800 052 1734

Kindest regards,

David_Bn