Menu
Meganalicia
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No VM socket

Have moved into a property and was told we could have a quick start and no need for installation, the only socket we have is a BT open reach telephone socket and on the instructions does not say anything for this.

I believe we need an engineer but cannot get in contact with anyone. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: No VM socket

All VM know is a previous customer used a service at that address. What they don’t know is whether in the intervening time someone has removed the sockets you need to connect.

Have a look outside for a grey or brown box with a dual “shotgun barrel” type cable coming in. See if you can trace any wiring coming back out of this, either straight through the wall or going elsewhere. If the external box is also missing this complicates matters further  as a re-pull of the drop line from the cabinet would be required, making it a two stage install.

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi @Meganalicia

Welcome to the forum page and thanks for posting this on here.

Sorry to hear you're having some issues and can appreciate this is not ideal, although from looking at your account I can see that you do now have a manned install. 

Can I just confirm that everything is all okay now or do you still need our help? 

More than happy to help if so. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Meganalicia
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

yes we now have an engineer coming tomorrow to fix, thank you.

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

That's great to hear Megan. 

Hopefully they get this sorted for you 🙂 

Have a lovely evening! 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos