cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No VM broadband socket

Mitch1994
Joining in

I am a new customer and have a quickstart router and guide as when ordering it said there was already a line here. I have no VM socket in my new house that the router will connect to. There is a Virgin phone socket but as I've seen on other posts from people with the same issue as me, this is not for broadband.  I have looked all over the house and there are no other sockets.  I have tried calling the contact number but it just cuts me off after it says there are no faults after running a check, so I am posting this in the hope that Virgin staff see this and organise an engineer for me.

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Can you find the external VM omnibox (usually brown or white) and trace where the cable enters the property and look for a box on the internal wall there - or trace where the cable goes when it enters.

It may be covered up by sideboard etc, or it may have been removed by a previous occupant and the decorated over. The cable + socket may be buried in there - in plaster for example.

If not you will need a Tech visit to connect. Call it in - try the Pre-installation and delivery team on.. 0800 052 1734. - they may be able to sort it.

A VM person will respond here but it can take a day or two before they get here

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Mitch1994,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you've had with getting your broadband connected. I can see from the notes that you had a visit from engineers, has everything now been resolved and you have your broadband connection up and running from your side?

Regards,

Steven_L