cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No VM Wall Socket

Holly_Robinson
Joining in

I have no VM connections in my home (despite being told there was before we moved in).

Ive got an Open Reach and a ntl socket.

Is there a way to contact VM? Seriously struggling to find anyone to talk to.

8 REPLIES 8

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

NTL is a virgin media socket 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

It's plugged in as per the instructions,but hasn't worked over the last 3 hours.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you have plugged it into the NTL socket, it sounds like the cable is either disconnected outside at the VM omnibox on the wall, or at the street cabinet.

Did you try phoning to activate the Hub?  Call the equipment activation number they may be able to help. It's 0800 953 9500 and you will need the Hub serial number/MAC address from the barcode sticker, and your account number.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated 👍

Hi @Holly_Robinson,

Welcome to our forums, and thanks for getting in touch.

I'm really sorry to hear that your services aren't working after being connected. Unfortunately, I'm not able to locate a service under the details associated to your Forums account, so I cannot perform checks on my end.

Is everything up and running for you, or are you still experiencing issues?

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Still experiencing issues, my internet is completely off and hasn't worked since I've had it.

It currently has a steady amber light and nothing else. It's plugged into an NTL wall socket.

I'm struggling to find someone to speak to about this issue, and get an engineer out to fit a wall socket.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You will need to phone in as the VM Mod can't find your details from your Community Account.?

Hi Holly,

I'm so sorry for the delayed response from here, thanks for getting back to us.

Have you been able to get everything sorted since posting? If not, I've popped you a private message just in case you still need any help. Feel free to ignore if everything is all good 🙂

Kind regards

Beth