cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No TV, WiFi or phone yet!

DION1
Joining in

Hi there, I had my equipment fitted by installer on 27th August after recommendation from engineer. Cable damaged outside and told by engineer if equipment installed could have cable team round within 24hrs...if we didn't have equipment then would take up to two wks. Now been told 17th September before cable team arrives, and Virgin want to charge me for first month's use of£65.00. This is after calling Virgin who stated I would not be charged for what I can't use. Any help please.

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
You cant be charged until the equipment is installed and activated onto your account. Do you actually have any connection at all yet - what equipment was fitted and is it "on"

A VM person will respond here in a day or two and comment.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi John, thanks for replying...I have a WiFi box, and two TV boxes installed but nothing is actually working due to cable being damaged outside. I wouldn't have minded so much if I wasn't led to believe that the damaged cable would have been rectified within 48hrs. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow you got mugged off.

Ask to cancel.

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @DION1, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the poor start you've had with Virgin Media. This sounds like it could be a case of our team having to perform a re-pulling of the cable, which could also prompt our construction team to get involved. 

We certainly wouldn't want to charge a customer if the services are not yet functioning due to a fault outside the property.

I'd be happy to take a closer look into this for you - check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn