Menu
John7Doherty
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 22
Flag for a moderator

No Service for over 1 month in Hendon NW4

Despite various complaints about the absence of Broadband and TV in Hendon NW4 since 28 July 2018, still no response from Virgin Media.

I suspect they are too embarrassed to respond. 

0 Kudos
John7Doherty
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Service for over 1 month in Hendon NW4

Text message today once again extending the promised expected repair time - now, apparently, Wednesday 5 September at 1pm  

Given the absence of Broadband and TV in Hendon NW4 since 28 July 2018, it is ridiculous that there is still no response / proper explanation from Virgin Media.

I suspect they are too embarrassed.

0 Kudos
John7Doherty
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 22
Flag for a moderator

When will Service be restored in Hendon NW4?

Will it ever be restored???

Despite various complaints about the absence of Broadband and TV in Hendon NW4 since 28 July 2018, still no response from Virgin Media.

I suspect they are too embarrassed to respond. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 4 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: When will Service be restored in Hendon NW4?

Call 150/0345 454 1111 options 1-1-4-5 "thinking of leaving" - you usually get a UK call centre (still a wait tho') who are more understanding and helpful.  Tell them you are about to leave for BT and they will give you the best info on the fault.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Ive merged your threads as per house rules.

I cant find other reports of this issue, is it just yours or are other affected? Have you contacted 150?

John7Doherty
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks. 

0 Kudos
John7Doherty
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks. Yes, I have tried calling 150 on various occasions and been told the problem was NW4-area-wide. I have doubts that Virgin Media would keep all of NW4 without any Broadband and TV for such an extended period. That said, that is what I have been told. 

How is might I find out?  Virgin has been absolutely awful with communication around the problem - which is surprising from a communications company. 

No service Broadband or TV service whatsoever since 29 July 2018 - this must be unprecedented for any telecoms company, surely?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 8 of 22
Flag for a moderator

@John7Doherty wrote:

Many thanks. Yes, I have tried calling 150 on various occasions and been told the problem was NW4-area-wide. I have doubts that Virgin Media would keep all of NW4 without any Broadband and TV for such an extended period. That said, that is what I have been told.

You must be right - if NW4 had lost all service for 5-6 weeks the twitersphere etc would be on fire.  I take it it isn't - therefore the problem must have been "local" - still, chin up,  you will be back online at 1pm tomorrow.  If not, get onto "thinking of leaving" at 13.01pm.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
John7Doherty
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. I will be even more furious if I discover that I’ve been misled about the extent of the problem, as it will make it harder to understand why it hasn’t been fixed. 

I dont use Twitter, so am unaware of what might have appeared there. 

IS ANYONE FROM VIRGIN MEDIA AVAILABLE TO PROVIDE A RESPONSE?? 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 22
Flag for a moderator

@John7Doherty wrote:

Thanks. I will be even more furious if I discover that I’ve been misled about the extent of the problem, as it will make it harder to understand why it hasn’t been fixed. 

I dont use Twitter, so am unaware of what might have appeared there. 

IS ANYONE FROM VIRGIN MEDIA AVAILABLE TO PROVIDE A RESPONSE?? 

Takes up to a week from last post in a thread for a staff response ATM.

Can you provide some metrics? That way if theres an obvious issue I can ask someone to look at it for you.

Which HUB do you have?