cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out

Mrb82
On our wavelength

Hi, 

I recently had this same problem about a month ago, where my connection would drop out multiple times a day, sometimes regularly at certain intervals, sometimes the moment i started streaming from my TV, I've checked my logs and there isn't the post RS errors i was getting last time but there's loads of T3 timeout errors in my network log again, and my BQM from thinkbroadband is showing sections of red where my connection has dropped. It seems i'm constantly getting notifications on my phone telling me my driveway camera has been offline for more than 10 minutes or a text telling me the internet isn't working again. 

I'm not sure if the router is rebooting or doing something else when it recovers from one of these dropouts but it wont even let me log in, it even rejects the admin password which i have on autofill (so i know i'm not making a typo) then suddenly after 5 minutes it accepts it and lets me log back in

Please if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated!

Screenshot 2022-04-03 165902.pngScreenshot 2022-04-03 165641.png

03/04/2022 16:47:24noticeLAN login Success;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;03/04/2022 16:45:3criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;03/04/2022 16:44:10criticalReceived Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 time out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;03/04/2022 16:39:53criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;03/04/2022 16:39:52criticalUnicast Maintenance Ranging attempted - No response - Retries exhausted;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;03/04/2022 16:39:52criticalRanging Request Retries exhausted;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;03/04/2022 16:39:46criticalUnicast Maintenance Ranging attempted - No response - Retries exhausted;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;03/04/2022 16:39:46criticalRanging Request Retries exhausted;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;03/04/2022 16:39:3criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;03/04/2022 16:26:6Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;03/04/2022 16:26:6criticalSYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;03/04/2022 16:18:54Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;03/04/2022 16:15:10criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;03/04/2022 15:41:6Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;03/04/2022 15:40:17criticalSYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;03/04/2022 15:39:13Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;03/04/2022 15:37:58criticalSYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;03/04/2022 15:27:32Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;03/04/2022 15:25:0criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;03/04/2022 15:24:17Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello Mrb82

Thanks for your reply 

I cab see the Hub has been rebooted in the last 24 hours 

How are things now with the service?

Gareth_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Mrb82
On our wavelength

Ok, a couple of extra things to add, just after the first post, we started to watch a movie on Netflix, after about 3 minutes the connection went down, the Wifi network stayed up but obviously no device would stay connected to it as there was no connection to the internet. I came back to the PC which is connected to the hub via ethernet and i got no response from 192.168.0.1, i left it for about 20 minutes and still no response so i rebooted the router, i was able to connect to the router briefly but then it started refusing connections again. After a few minutes my PC said it had a connection to the internet, but pages kept timing out and when i went back to the router logs, the connection to the hub refused again and i could no longer view the logs.

Is it possible to log this as a potential fault with VM without calling customer support? I was told last time there was a fault in my area so if this is the same problem i don't want to go through the usual troubleshooting steps again over the phone.

Thanks!

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Mrb82 

Have you actually looked at Check service status at the top of the page? You can access it from a mobile . You can also a run a test on your equipment from there.

If nothing is showing  you could also try the  Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Mrb82
On our wavelength

When I go to the check service page I hit the purple button and the next page fails to load, I called the number though and that said there's no problems in my area, thanks, I'll have to keep that number for the future. 

Hello Mrb82

Thanks for your reply 

I cab see the Hub has been rebooted in the last 24 hours 

How are things now with the service?

Gareth_L

Mrb82
On our wavelength

Sorry, I didn't see your reply earlier, ive been away with work the last few days but I've had no complaints from my partner, I was hoping the reboot of the router had sorted things out, but last night and this afternoon were noticably bad, with web pages timing out, at the time I only had 1 device in the house streaming video so nothing remotely heavy.

No drops in the connection this time, just a latency problem. 

d0f5546cc1d38f683bb15497a304170ae1c9f6f5-09-04-2022.png

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Mrb82,

Thank you for coming back to us in regards to your ongoing issue with your services! I'm sorry to hear that your ongoing issue returned after a few days of not experiencing issues.

I was able to run some further checks on our systems and I cannot see any local area issues that would be impacting your services, or any issues with your power levels that would be responsible for the ongoing disconnections. 

Have you reset your Hub recently to see if this can help with this ongoing issue? Please give this a try and let us know how you get on, so we can investigate further. 

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Mrb82
On our wavelength

Hi, yeah I did about a month ago and things did improve but at the same time I was told there was an issue in the area and it was being fixed. Also it was a slightly different problem to this. 

Ill give it a go tomorrow if I get a chance and update here. 

As for the BQM yesterday and today, they are both following the same pattern of latency/packet loss between 6pm and 10pm

Thanks!

Screenshot_20220411-205834~2.png

Screenshot_20220411-205842~2.png

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Please do keep us posted if you was able to do it. 

Cheers, 

Ryan.

Mrb82
On our wavelength

I didn't manage to get the router reset, mainly because i didn't have time to reconfigure all my settings and forwarded ports again, but it was just as well because the problem could have possibly been with how traffic to and from Virgin's network is routed, just after these articles were published the issue seems to have been fixed! So fingers crossed!

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/9195-bqm-showing-peak-time-latency-issues-for-virgin-media-users

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2022/04/peak-time-latency-strikes-part-of-virgin-medias-uk-net...