cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Ranging Response received; SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync; RCS Partial Service

max1000000
On our wavelength

My Hub 3.0 service is very intermittent and rebooting the router doesn't seem to help.

I had a look at my network log and it is jam-packed with the following messages received over and over: 

• No Ranging Response received
  • SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync
  • RCS Partial Service
  • Lost MDD Timeout

Could these have something to do with my loss of service? Why does rebooting not help? And what is the fix please? Specs below

Thanks

Max

Standard specification compliant: DOCSIS 3.0
Hardware version: 10
Software version: 9.1.1912.304
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

can you post a screenshot of the downstream and upstream specs? You should find that under tools -> network status

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Max10000000,

Thanks for reporting this on here, sorry to hear you're having some issues. 

Do you get these issues via wired and wireless connection? Do they affect multiple devices or is just some? 

What colour lights does your hub have currently? 

From looking at your account it does look like you have some downstream issues and some upstream which could be causing this loss of service . 

What times do you usually see this occur, is it roughly the same time or is it random? 

Please let me know, 

Thanks, 

Sasha 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Sasha

Thanks for your note. It happens at random times and all devices are effected - there’s no one device which gets it more or less than any of the others.

The front light is currently white. Rebooting doesn’t make any difference.

Thanks

Max

Hi @max1000000

Thanks for coming back to us. All of your downstream channels are out of spec, needs an engineer visit. I've booked in the first available one for you which you can find here

Let us know how the visit goes

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thank you

Hi John

I’ve just heard on another forum that my upload speed is supposed to be 10mbps. Mine has never been higher than 4. Can someone fix this please?

Thanks

Max95092A99-40E0-49FA-98FE-61C6BCEDFDD8.png

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for coming back to us @max1000000

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing slow speeds, I appreciate this must be very frustrating and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

To confirm, is the screenshot provided via a wired or wireless connection? If wireless, please run a wired test here. This will help us see if the speed issue is broadband or Wi-Fi specific. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Sofia

Thanks. Same result wired and unwired.

Max

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Very sorry to hear this @max1000000.

I can see there's an issue with your downstream levels that could be causing the slow speeds. 

I've booked a technician in for you to come and correct this. You'll be able to view the appointment online via you My Virgin Media account, you'll also be able to alter the date/time scheduled if this doesn't work for you. 

Please keep us updated on how the service performs after the tech visit. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team