cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Internal VM Box

GnCs
Joining in

Morning all,

I've just received my Quick Start box from Virgin Media, and having some trouble getting it installed. It's obvious that VM used to be in the house as I've got a telephone wall socket with Virgin Media written on it and if I trace the cable outside it goes to a grey box (I've not opened the box). Also coming from the grey box is a much thicker black cable which also goes into the house, but at a much lower level to the phone cable, but I have no idea where it goes in the house. It's almost like it goes underneath the floor in the house. Any ideas?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Unless you can trace where its goes, you will need a technician's visit.

Call the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734 8AM- 9PM Monday - Friday or 8AM-6PM Saturday and Sunday

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

The thicker black cable sounds like the thing you should search for. It may possibly have been installed under the floor in the past.

Sometimes you might just be looking for a trailing cable in the home (where a box was never installed). If you can't trace it, you will need a technician installation to fit a new cable and box to your required location in the home.

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey GnCs, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community.

I would like to look into this for you and look at organising a tech to come out, I am going to send you a PM.

Please keep your eyes open for a purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matt, 

Many thanks for your reply. We've got an engineer attending tomorrow afternoon to install it all for us now, but thank you for your reply. 

Thanks