cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Installation Engineer!

RaphC
Tuning in

Desperately need help to get in touch with the right team at Virgin Media. 

We have ordered virgin broadband. The engineer came and installed the exterior brown box. We were told another engineer would come to instal the router and internal side of things. Engineer hasn’t shown up. We have spent 7hrs on the phone with various teams in customer help (the fault team and the pre instalment team). They keep passing us back and forth between each other, each saying they can’t help and it’s the other team we must speak to. When on hold - after 20mins the line cuts off! And the whole process starts again. We are in an endless loop. They don’t even call back after the line has been cut off. Both teams refuse to let us speak to a manager. Any ideas what next step to take? 

14 REPLIES 14

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you tried this:

pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Hi Tudor, thanks for getting back. I spoke to them numerous times and as my account is considered’active’ they say it’s now the Faulty team to deal with it. I’ve been transferred back and forth to these two teams close to 20times now and they both say it’s the other teams responsibility. 

Hi RaphC,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Really disappointed to hear of your recent experience, especially as a new customer, this is not the service we are aiming to provide. 

We are sorry to hear that the internal work has not been carried out for your installation, but the order has been completed. Due to this and that you have spent several hours on the phone already trying to get this issue rectified, I am going to pop you over a private message to take some details from you, as I will need to email the area field manager for you to get this work completed.

Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

asim18
Fibre optic

@RaphC wrote:

Desperately need help to get in touch with the right team at Virgin Media. 

We have ordered virgin broadband. The engineer came and installed the exterior brown box. We were told another engineer would come to instal the router and internal side of things. Engineer hasn’t shown up. We have spent 7hrs on the phone with various teams in customer help (the fault team and the pre instalment team). They keep passing us back and forth between each other, each saying they can’t help and it’s the other team we must speak to. When on hold - after 20mins the line cuts off! And the whole process starts again. We are in an endless loop. They don’t even call back after the line has been cut off. Both teams refuse to let us speak to a manager. Any ideas what next step to take? 

So the first engineer didn't even leave a modem for you? I don't understand why he would just suddenly leave when all he needed to do was fit a face-plate on your wall and plug in the modem.

Virgin seem to have a modem shortage at the moment, only old stock going around, so maybe that's why he left as soon as he needed to plug one in. Maybe that's why the different representatives are just juggling you around because there's no modems left and they are waiting for someone to disconnect their services so they can bring you his old modem.

I've been waiting months for a new modem too, no idea when any new stock will arrive.

Asim18, VM's installs are a two part process, first getting the cable to the house, then second to install inside the house. The team fitting the cable to the house won't carry hubs etc as that is dealt with by the internal install team.

Hi RaphC,

Just a quick update. I have escalated this to the area field manager, who has tried to contact you on two occasions on the number we have listed on your account.

Unfortunately, we have been unable to get hold of you. I did send you a private message but have had no response yet. Please can you respond to the message when you have the chance as we would need to confirm with you when are going to be free for our team to return to complete your install.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi, thanks for this - unfortunately I was right in a meeting when the two consecutive calls were made this morning. I am available to chat on the phone now though, if the field manager wants to call back. I've also just responded to your private message.

thanks
Raphaelle

Hi RaphC,

Thanks for coming back to me privately, it was much appreciated. I have emailed the area field manager for you now, along with your contact details asking for you to be called again and get et a time and date arranged with you for when it will be convenient for us to return.

If you need any further assistance in the meantime, please come back to us through this channel.

Please keep us posted with how things progress.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Thanks very much for your help - will do.

Kind Regards,

Raphaelle