cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newly Converted House

Dyl_Tien
Joining in

Hi. I'm moving into a place recently converted (~7 months) from one property into six separate flats. I can see that Virgin used to supply that address, but I'm unable to select the individual flat that I'm moving into.

In fact, I couldn't even get my services transferred over to the new flat - the support agent checked and said that they don't service the flat!

Is there someone who can DM me so I can discuss this further? I'd imagine some rewiring would have to be done, but it seems like that should be fine since the address used to be supplied by VM before?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Conversions like this can cause all sorts of problems. This is because VMs cables may have to cross other properties to reach some of the new addresses. Also there are working at heights restrictions that stop VM techs working above 1st floor height. Some councils also ban visible external wiring on communal properties. The only way round this is for the builder doing the conversion to put in approved internal wiring or ducts that can be used by VM.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I see- that is a bit worrying. I do hope someone could give it a check or something - I'm suffering with 10 Mbps internet right now 😞

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

The first thing for you to do is to get written permission for the new wiring from the landlord or managing agent. Virgin won't do anything until you have given them that. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Good Afternoon @Dyl_Tien, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the difficulty signing up for our services.

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me, where I'll look into taking some details from you.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn