cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New wall socket boxes

Charliew
On our wavelength

Hi, could somebody please confirm that the new wall socket boxes are ones that jut out at a really odd angle please? My old one was replaced today but I’m surprised that it wasn’t replaced with a traditional virgin socket box that has the cable enter directly underneath. This new one looks like it has been designed and angled to go over skirting boards - thanks for any replies

12 REPLIES 12

Gary333
Up to speed

@Charliew wrote:

Hi, could somebody please confirm that the new wall socket boxes are ones that jut out at a really odd angle please? My old one was replaced today but I’m surprised that it wasn’t replaced with a traditional virgin socket box that has the cable enter directly underneath. This new one looks like it has been designed and angled to go over skirting boards - thanks for any replies

The new internal wall boxes are euro module units. Yep, they stick out at an angle so the cable is easier to route upwards. They are more visually pleasing (and actually white rather than fagnolia). They can support two coax modules so you don't need a visible splitter either.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Would be nice to have some pictures of the new boxes. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Not OP but just had VM installed - these are the new ones: 

euro.jpg

angles cables like that are actually a very bad design, as they make it very easy to bump into and essentially snap the plastic surround.

cable pointing straight down is always the preference.

Indeed, I would've preferred the old VM type box but fortunately, the telly cabinet sits in front so we won't be able to see it/able to bump into it! 

Ooh Euro modules - Makes life easier for any (non-authorised) home improvements... 🙂

Angled connection seems a bit odd, but I guess that's due to the inbuilt isolators (and the now-standrad push fit connectors...)?

Tom

Those Euro modules with the angled F connector and the inline isolator aren't new as they've been around for some years. Here's a photo provided by VM.

Euro module.jpg

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Indeed. Haven't seen the backboxes before, though - Just the new build guide stuff.

Wonder where these could be procured. ...More Technetix stuff, no doubt!

Tom

What splitter are they using on the new sockets? Thanks