Menu
coolbotic
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New virgin service not working

I joined nearly a month ago now and was told that the place I was moving into already had Virgin so they would just switch it over as everything was installed by the previous tenets, and was working fine up until recently where one night we stopped getting connection and the router would say, Internet (access denied) so I called up as I still had not received my quick start package and after 40 minutes on the phone they managed to send a new one. Then a few days later I received two Virgin Hubs in the post. After setting one up it had the exact same issue Internet access denied so the tried the same thing with the 2nd router but no luck. I have been on the phone multiple times since and just get put on hold and today they just redirect me the the wrong people over and over and eventually just hung up after waiting for ages. One booked an engineer visit but is a while away but not sure what they will do a I believe they just haven’t activated my package yet. Tried texting the support number and the automated robot can’t understand the problem and no one gets back to me. 

Any suggestions? Thanks James 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New virgin service not working

Hi James,

have you tried phoning 0800 953 9500 to get your equipment activated?

You will need the box serial number, and your account and area number.

If they can't help then you could try speaking t New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation.

That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone.

Again you will need the box serial number, and your account and area number.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
coolbotic
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Just tried that been on the phone for 2 hours they just keep putting me to other departments after saying they are just putting me on hold, no one can help and they hung up on me after at the 2 hour mark after being told I was being put on hold. Very appallingly customer service.

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Coolotic, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Really sorry for the issues you've been having getting the services activated and for the delay in replying. 

I've had a look into your account using the details you used to sign up to the forums and it looks as though this has been resolved for you now. 

Can you confirm this is the case? If not then we can assist further from here.

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos