cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New virgin hub 5

Chrishighfield
Tuning in

So my hub 5 has just had a flashing blue light for 3 days ive spoken to customer services who told me it could take up to a day to work its been restrted several times , i left it on for 24 hours and its still just flashing blue , ive plugged my old hub back in just so i have service , please someone help me 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The two people ive spoken two at customer services both didnt know what was going on and couldnt help , i phoned the number in the book and it says everything is activated is there a dedicated number i can call 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

jem101
Superstar

Since your old hub works, this means that the Hub 5 was never activated on your account, why customer services couldn't have told you that, I have no idea!

There should have been details in with the hub regarding calling a number to get it activated, you'll need the MAC address of the new hub which will be on a sticker on the base.

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

If your old hub works then leave things as they are what do you think  the 5 will do better 

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon @Chrishighfield

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am really sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your services. 

As mentioned above, if your old hub is still working the hub 5 hasn't been activated properly, have you managed to speak with a member of the technical support team regarding this? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

The two people ive spoken two at customer services both didnt know what was going on and couldnt help , i phoned the number in the book and it says everything is activated is there a dedicated number i can call 

Well its a new hub and mines years old now 

Thanks for coming back to us Chrishighfield,

We do apologise that you have not received the help required from our technical team to get you new Hub 5 activated correctly.

Due to this, I am going to send you over a private message to take some details and see why the Hub 5 was not activated correctly for you.

Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi there is no invite for a private chat am i missing something ? 

Hi @Chrishighfield

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Have you checked the envelope button at the top of your page?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Chrishighfield,

Thanks so much for the update through your private message.

Really please to hear that I have managed to get you SH5 activated on your account and this is now up and running for you.

If you need any further help with anything, please come back to us.

Kind regards Jodi.