cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New tv package

grandadpud
Tuning in

I have had broadband for several years. I have just ordered the bigger bundle. Will it come with a modern router?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @grandadpud 

The Bigger bundle comes with M350 broadband.

Unless you asked for the higher Gig1 speed to be added to that bundle then you would continue to use your current hub.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @grandadpud 

The Bigger bundle comes with M350 broadband.

Unless you asked for the higher Gig1 speed to be added to that bundle then you would continue to use your current hub.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks newapollo
My old router is about 10 years old so I thought they may update as my router isn't even listed to connect to the app.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @grandadpud 

I've had a search and depending on which router you have you may qualify for a free hub upgrade.

According to https://www.virginmedia.com/help/broadband/how-to-upgrade-broadband 

Existing Virgin Media customers with a Super Hub 2ac, or older, can easily upgrade to a Hub 3, at no extra cost.

So please try the following

Download the Virgin Media Connect app and connect to the current Hub via 3G or 4G on your phone – without your Virgin WiFi being turned on. It will suggest to upgrade to the Hub 3 and you can collect this free from your local shop. There will be no new contract or price change.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @grandadpud 

I've just re-read the above post and the link and it mentions, "you can collect this free from your local shop"

All of VM's shops closed at the beginning of covid and haven't re-opened.

I don't know if the app will still provide this suggestion, but if it doesn't you could try logging into MY Virgin Media and see if there's an option there to upgrade your hub.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Hi grandadpud

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I have seen from a system check you have received the upgrade and indeed the new hub 🙂 how you getting on with this? Have you also managed to use the Connect App with it? Keep us posted if you need further help.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks. Yes all up and running ok. New router supplied. Downloaded connect app as well. Had a little trouble getting connected to my Yamaha amp but realise I needed the 2.2 HDMI port. All loveley. 

Thank you so much for letting us know @grandadpud and we are so glad to hear things are back up and running as expected for you. 

Should you have any further issues please do pop back to the forums and we will do all we can to help!