cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to VM bb, gig1 threaded or push fit connectors...?

Richieb75
Joining in

Hello all, I used to have VM way back but left and got BT infinty.

Coming back to VM and getting the Gig1 with the super hub 4, i have seen some people mention about push fit connectors, and not sure if the VM socket i have at home is going to be usable or not as it's a threaded connector?

I am receiveing the kit via courier on saturday, put a couple of pics below, could anyone confirm if i'm going to have any issues connecting it all up!

Thanks, Richie.

plug 2.jpg

plug 1.jpg

15 REPLIES 15

Actually there was one question, how do you go about getting a wifi pod?

The app does not work wioth the hub 4, so cannot order one via the app?

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There is a web page to order them, but it does not work, so you have to phone up.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Richieb75, thanks for your reply - great to hear you're now getting the download speeds.

In terms of our Intelligent Wifi Pod, I'll be more than happy to get one ordered for you!

I'm going to pop you a PM to ask you to confirm some details, which will enable me to get this sent to you.

Please expect this PM to arrive shortly and respond when you can!

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi @Richieb75, thanks for your PM, I'm just responding on here for the purposes of the thread and don't worry about the delay - I completely understand!
I'm pleased to report that the wifi pod has been ordered for you successfully, so please expectthis to arrive within the next 3-5 working days.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Than kyou for sorting so quickly!

Out of curiosity, i notice there is an ethernet port on the bottom of the pods, is this for connecting to them, to configure settings and connect them to the router, or can you plug an ethernet cable from the pod to say.. a sky box or tv?

Hi Richieb75, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

You can use the ethernet port to connect it to a device 🙂 

If you have any further questions, let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs