cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New setup - ntl wall socket

Laumeh
Tuning in

Hey all, 

I recently received my virgin hub while moving into my first house however, we only seem to have a NTL wall socket which is TV/FM. I have read that I should connect up to the TV socket but there isn't actually one to connect to... Its just an fm socket with an empty section where TV should be. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sorry i typed more but it didnt display for a strange reason!
Yes, the NTL socket should be fine as long as its connecte the other end. I will message you for your address and i can check this for you.
Thank you

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team

Ntl is fine

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

So If I connect the wall socket cable to the FM cable on the NTL box it should work fine? Just I've heard it needs to be the TV one which I don't seem to have 

Sorry i typed more but it didnt display for a strange reason!
Yes, the NTL socket should be fine as long as its connecte the other end. I will message you for your address and i can check this for you.
Thank you

Jon

I have the same issue, but no broadband at all for some reason

Could you please share some insights of this case? Is it something we can easily fix? I opened the NTL box here and tried with both of them, and no luck.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Trace the cable to outside. It may be disconnected in the omnibox. If it’s still connected, it’s probably disconnected in the street cabinet.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

This was indeed the case for me, that being the cable had been disconnected inside the street cabinet. 

Hi pmelo,

If this is also your situation then it is likely that you need to have an installer sent. Our records show that you have been in touch with our care team..

Cheers,

Corey C

Hi Corey,

Yes, that was the case indeed. I couldn't trace the cable outside, but the engineer could, and fixed it quickly 👍🏼

Thanks!