Menu
sjb2371
Dialled in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New set up.. Problems

Hiya... Just done a quick start set up for my girlfriend, all the connections are connected securely etc 

Girlfriend sent back the text 'go' and was sent 'signal has been sent' but after a few hours still no connection... Flashing green light and the green WiFi signal

*FYI* its not a new installation, the junction box etc was install some time ago 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New set up.. Problems

Hub will flash a bit for a while as it updates the software on first connection - but not for 2 hours!
Sounds as if the Hub has not been "activated". call the activation number again and ask to reactivate the Hub - they sometimes mishear/type a digit when putting it in.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Tudor
Hero
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The other possibility is that the cable has been disconnected in the street cabinet. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
sjb2371
Dialled in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Just having a think about it and I think you are right. All the connection boxes are here. One one on the outside 'brown' which feeds into the indoor box 'white'

The coaxial cable fitted into the white connection box securely.. Deffo thinking its not a problem in the house as you suspect 

Anyways an engineer is comming out next Saturday to sort it.. Hopefully! 

0 Kudos