Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

New router no internet

Got my new router today followed set up but still no Internet 5 hours later just flashing green light. Tried to call 3 times but cut off each time 3rd time after 24 minutes on hold and can't find any other way to get in touch

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New router no internet

Hi Vhairi,

VM have recently started pre-activating their equipment, and the box should call "home" and be activated within 30 minutes, however sometimes this fails and the advice is to sign into Service status at the top of this page and run a test against the box you are installing. By doing this we’ll be able to reboot the box or put you in touch with the right team.

The old method was to reboot the box and oif it didn't connect then you would need to phone to get your box activated. 0800 953 9500.

You will need the box serial number, and your account and area number.

You could also try contacting  New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation.

That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone

As far as I know the phone lines close at 8pm and reopen again at 8am.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New router no internet

Thanks for the reply I activated it on the phone last night and still no luck. Got a text this morning saying it was activated but still nothing. Checked status again and it said there was now an issue in my area. That seems to be fixed now. But waited an hour on hold to be cut off without speaking to anybody and now back on hold for half an hour. Getting so frustrated. Just moved in monday with me and my 3 year old and running out of data and still haven't even spoken to a human after 24 hours 

0 Kudos