Menu
Tweo
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New order cancellation (why is it so hard?)

I have been trying to cancel a new phone and broadband order I have placed with Virgin Media, I have been trying to do so via their pre-install number 0345 454 1111. Each and every time, I am assured by the rep on the phone that I will receive the cancellation email in 24 hours, and nothing so far. Its very frustrating. 

I have just spoken to another rep who also assured me that the order is cancelled, but is now claiming that the cancellation email is sent out in 3 working days, completely contradicting what the previous individual said. He literally said that I have to trust his word. Well, I do believe him, but would also like the cancellation email. 

Any pointers? 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New order cancellation (why is it so hard?)

When you call have you tried following the "thinking of leaving" options (1-1-4-5 ) and see if they are more helpful than "pre install".

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
LittleMick73
Wise owl
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi phone go down the thinking of leaving us route you will get through to a person in the UK who know what they are doing state your case and hopefully they will sort it out, and send conformation, they operate from 8am, so the earlier the better.Regards Micky
Tweo
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks to both of you, I will try the UK number early tomorrow morning. 

It was never a UK based person who responded to my calls, always overseas-based reps, one of whom actually hung up the phone as soon as I said I want to cancel an order (!!). 

Many thanks for your helpful responses. Hopefully it should all be sorted tomorrow. 

0 Kudos