cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New line not connected

raphiyale
Tuning in

I just joined Virgin after being with BT for 4 years and they sent the hub but no engineer to connect the fiber. The order is still open and says and engineer is due on the 13th but this was two days ago now.

Can't seem to get hold of number to find out what is going on.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Try the Pre-installation and delivery team on.. 0800 052 1734. - they may be able to help

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It is very unusual to be sent a hub for a technician install. They are only normally sent when it’s a self install. Have you check that you have no cable or internal termination point?

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

I was told that I needed an engineer to install the faceplate and termination which was supposed to happen on the 13th and the wireless hub was scheduled to arrive on the 14th.

The hub has arrived but no one came to my property to install the faceplate.

When BT installed their fiber link an engineer had to drill through the wall to attach the Openreach modem to the link downstairs in our communal hallway.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Try the Pre-installation and delivery team on.. 0800 052 1734. - they may be able to help

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @raphiyale

Welcome to the forums and thank you for your post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with getting your services set up. 

Please can you advise if you managed to get in touch with the pre installations team?

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hi there,

I spoke with the team as advised and someone should be coming this afternoon to install the faceplate.

Thanks for the assistance!

Hi raphiyale, 

Thanks for coming back to us and updating the thread. We're happy to hear this has been resolved for you. 

Please keep us posted on how the visit went. If you need anything else then you know where we are. 

Take care,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I'm now up and running! Shahid the area engineer went above and beyond to get us connected, including getting the install moved up so he could come back and finish the job.

Hi raphiyale,

That's great news, thanks so much for the update and I'm pleased to hear that Shahid was able to get things all sorted for you.

If you need anything else at all or have any further questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch 🙂

Beth