cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New line new area

Andy1250
Tuning in

Hi,

virgin posted huge amounts of leaflets and emails to our area as it was a new install to the estate saying how it was all ready to go, looked on the website and put an order in, put in to be completed over a week before my sky service terminated which was yesterday, engineer came out before the 19/5 said there was problems and that the needed to do some work inside my house I thought no problem so they pushed it back to the 23/5, that got pushed back again to the 30/5 and today I get an email saying it’s been pushed back to the 11/6

are you completely inept at doing your jobs or do I just cancel the order and go back to one of BT openreach’s users whose engineers actually complete their work????

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Andy1250, thank you for reaching out and warm welcome to our community. I am so sorry to hear about your delayed installations we know this can frustration especially has you have given your notice in to your current provider. 

I want to take a look into this personally for you as I have taken a look and I can there have been some big delays.

Please can you look our for the purple envelope, I am going to send you a PM. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just let it run its course. When the connection is finally activated you will have 14 days to try it out and if its not good - to cancel for no cost at all - or keep it and then cancel the Sky at that point.

Having the 2 running side by side for a few weeks is a small price to pay to ensure continuity of connection

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Ah yeah totally get that but sky finished today, so now I no service whatsoever

thats why my original order date was 10 days before sky finished so now I have no TV, no broadband, no landline, champions league final missed, won’t see the F1 etc etc and I’ve got No guarantee of service before the 11/06 So I think letting it run it’s course has already happened there John 

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Andy1250, thank you for reaching out and warm welcome to our community. I am so sorry to hear about your delayed installations we know this can frustration especially has you have given your notice in to your current provider. 

I want to take a look into this personally for you as I have taken a look and I can there have been some big delays.

Please can you look our for the purple envelope, I am going to send you a PM. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?