Menu
Jenoir1978
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New joiner questions

Hi got a couple of qs

1. do Virgin media cancel my current broadband for me or do I have to do it?

2. When virgin come to install our broadband will it work there and then or is there a lag

3. is it not a bit weird I can’t just ask these questions to the actual company and not rely on other customers responses???? (Lol)

0 Kudos
Christy_D
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New joiner questions

Hi there

Thanks for querying here on the forum.

This is something I can help you with. I'll pop you a private message to take some more details to help.

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello

1) Virginmedia cannot cancel your previous provider you would have to do that, this is due to the fact that VM don't use the openreach system, they have their own cables etc.

2) With all VM connections you will get full speed from the date of install there is no lag.

3) VM do monitor the community forum and will get involved if needed but can take a few days as posts are dealt with oldest first.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Top tip. Dont cancel your current BB contract until VM have installed and you are happy with the set up.

Occasionally there can be a technical problem when they come to do your install that can delay the process whilst they have to do some work. That can take a few days or now and then if they have to get council approval to dig your pavement to clear an unexpected blockage - you can imagine that getting council approval can take weeks !

If you do have an issue and cancelled and expected VM install on that date you would be left with no service for a time. Paying for an extra month or so on your old BB service is s good insurance policy for that. VM wont charge you until its installed and up and running - and you can always cancel with no £ penalty within 14 days of install if it doesnt meet expectations.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.