cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New internet install

TheHandysides
Joining in

Good Evening to you all,

So we had an engineer round to install our new internet and I was expecting some sort of socket internally. 
What I have is a hole in the wall with a black cable coming in and then 2 filters onto the router!

Not very ascetically pleasing, is this correct?

I would post a picture but unable to see where to add pics.

Thanks

47 REPLIES 47

I have also now purchased a wireless router to enable me to use the hub in modem mode which I have not yet installed but I really don’t see why I should have had to do this.

Can you post your network log for us to have a look at?

I have posted the network log it is 2 posts up from this

Quick check on myself, put specs on!
Something happening with your log, T3 plus errors.
I take it all connections from hub to connection box are all secure.

Just double checked the connection, all seems okay.

Will post another log later today if that’s okay

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @TheHandysides

I've taken a look at your account and unfortunately your services are currently being affected by a Planned Change Outage.

We have identified the problem and an engineer is currently on the way. The estimated fix time for this outage is 15.00pm today.

Apologies for the disruption to your service, please do let me know how your connection is working after this.

Thanks,

Serena

So, another planned outage today. Not a major issue but, does anyone monitor the speeds on our accounts?

I pay for 200mbos and I’m rarely getting above 50mbps I am sure that I was guaranteed over 100mbps and I would be reimbursed if it was consistently under this.

Hate the fact I cannot call up and speak to someone!

Good morning TheHandysides

Thanks for coming back to us.

Is the router turned off? The reason I ask, I am unable to do any diagnostics. 

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

No, it is on.

I was advised by the engineer that came round to have separate router so the hub is in the mode where it doesn’t transmit if that makes sense?

Thank you for confirming that for us. It looks as though this seems to be working now. 

To go through further checks I will need to pass some data protection. What I will do is private message you to do this.

^Martin