cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New installation

umarfaruq4real
Tuning in

Hi 
I just got my broadband Kit, So I tried to plug the internet cable into the wall I connected it to the SAT hole but it's just blinking green light. This is the socket I have.

WhatsApp Image 2022-09-30 at 16.08.36.jpeg

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Someone else may know better - but that doesnt look like a VM socket to me - rather one that has been fitted by the builders/previous occupant.

Are you in a flat or house?

Can you locate your brown/grey VM omnibox affixed on an outside wall and trace where the cables coming out from it, enter your property - usually through a hole drilled in the wall.

Then see what is on the interior wall at that point/location. A wall socket perhaps or just a trailing cable. Or, is there something behind furniture, or in a cupboard - or perhaps a previous occupant has decorated over it - or even just possibly removed it all.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Looks like a flat to me.

If you have not found a separate sockets then the multimedia outlet you have tried is probably the correct source. However, these are usually terminated in an equipment cupboard on the communal landing where there is a patch board. A technician will be needed to open this & hook you up to the incoming VM infrastructure.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Umarfaruq4real, welcome to the community! Thank you for posting. 

From the picture provided I can confirm this is not the correct type of socket for VM services. You can see this yourself if you wish by heading to our Quickstart guide here (the socket is featured on page 6.)

We will need to get you booked in for an appointment with an engineer to install one for you and get your services up and running correctly! 

I will send you a PM to confirm some account information and offer further support with this if needed. 

We can then return to this public thread with an update when possible. 
All the best!

Molly