Menu
Highlighted
Danielle1630
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

New installation query

Hi

I have plugged in all the necessary bits and activated it online. The wifi light is green on the front of the box but the horizontal line underneath is still flashing. 

This means we don't have wifi yet, it says on my phone 'internet may not be available'. Have I done something wrong or does it usually take a few hours? I've had a text off virgin to say they've sent signal to my home and everything is ready. But I still can't get online.

Hope someone can help! Thank you 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: New installation query

Try a reset. With the Hub "on" push in the pin on the back/side/bottom of the Hub with the end of a paperclip until you feel it at the “stop point” and hold for a "timed" 60 seconds do NOT restart the Hub after that. Your passwords/passphrase for both the Hub settings and Wifi networks should revert to the two printed on the Hub sticker on its base/side/card.
See if that clears it and allows a connection.
If the green base light is still flashing you will need to call it in as a fault and they will test your connection.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos