cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New installation problems - External works

DwayneJ
Tuning in

Hi. I really hope someone help can help Virgin Media get their act together on new installations.

Recently moved into a new property and there was no VM connection although next door have it and many homes on my street do.

• I've been going around in circles with the installations team and getting nowhere.  External works and installation dates keeps changing for the last 2 months

One set of contractors showed up and couldn't do anything because of a water meter. Another set of contractors came a week later and installed what is shown in the photo. It was escalated and someone from VM came to visit the property, I had to stay home for this. Since this happened numerous promises of someone coming to complete the external work prior to connection have taken place but nothing is done apart from changing the works order dates on my account. I work from home sometimes and my job is being affected as there is poor mobile reception in the area to use my phone as a hotspot. 

20220419_201750.jpg

12 REPLIES 12

Splext
Tuning in

Join the club unfortunately. I'm about to hit the 2 month mark. 4 date changes and numerous call centers later still none the wiser. 

My most recent cable pull date was yesterday. Apparently someone came and left because it was a 2 person job. 3 other people have visited the site before this. Surely every single one of them knew if it was a 2 person job.

Called pre install team today and got one of the worst colleagues. After 10 minutes of trying to explain that I was infact connected to the right department. And her saying I needed to be connected to mobile department. 

Finally she told me my cable pull has pushed my install date back again. For the 3rd time. I asked to speak to a manager. Apparently every manager is in a meeting until 7pm this evening. 

Absolutely ridiculous 'customer service' if you can even call it that.

I'll update when/if I ever hear back from someone higher up 

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi DwayneJ,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. We're sorry to hear that your installation has been delayed for a period of 2 months due to the external works not being completed.

Remotely looking at our systems this morning, we can see that you are due a visit for a pre-pull. Can I ask if you have been contacted by our team to discuss this with you?

Please let me know, and I can gibe you more information about this matter through a private message.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi Jodi,

I haven't been contacted by anyone.  I've called customer service twice this week but nothing has changed.  No one shows up and the dates keep changing. 

Regards

Dwayne J

Hi Dwayne, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

I'm sorry to hear that no one has been in touch. I'd like to make sure a complaint is raised on the account and that your contact details are up to date. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi DwayneJ, 

Thanks for sticking with me via private message. 

Sometimes there are things that look straight forward enough but are actually super complicated. When it comes to construction, this is something I've found to be the case. 

As mentioned previously, the teams will already be working as hard as they can and as fast as they can to get things moving. 

Hopefully you won't be waiting much longer. 

Keep us posted on any progress. 

Thanks.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi DwayneJ, 

Thanks again for your private message. We only use this when swapping account sensitive information. As this isn't the case here we can remain in the public space 🙂 

Your 14 day cancellation period doesn't start until your services are up and running and installed. As this isn't the case yet, you are still able to cancel should you wish to. If this is what you wish to do, speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and follow the options 1, 3 then 4. 

Hopefully, now your phone number has been corrected the team will be able to get in touch and explain thing further for you 🙂

Keep us posted on how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Kath_F,

Nothing has changed  in the last few weeks.  Customer Services keep reading the same information I can see on my account.  External works scheduled everyday between 8am and 6pm. It automatically changes to the next day it seems. Someone was to visit for a survey over the weekend and never showed up for the slot booked.  He did call 2 hours later when I wasn't home. I returned the call a few days later and sent the requested information to him but nothing has changed and no contact from VM.

I've been given a date on 14th May for connection.  No doubt this would be pushed back again.  I already have poor mobile reception at the address and now problems with VM since boking for a new service in February. 

It would be good to speak to the team installing the cable as customer services doesn't know anything. 

Hi there @DwayneJ, thanks for coming back with an update.

I have checked things on our end and can see you have spoken with the team for updates since your last post. Have they been able to help you with this now?

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hi Nathan, 

I've spoken to numerous people from VM and I get the same response repeating what I can read when I login to my account.  8am to 6pm external works and installation on the 14th May between 1pm and 6pm. This is having serious issues for me and my family work wise. 

The only thing I need is for the service to be installed. It's pushing 3 months now. Someone was to send an email yesterday and it never came. 

Dwayne