Menu
deucecorp
On our wavelength
Message 11 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Re: New installation failure, zero communication

Indian call centre called me again, could hardly understand half of it what the guy was saying. Received a text message after the call about another 2 weeks of delayed installation.

I don't believe this would happen on 05/05 and no manager call back so far, nothing. I'll just call BT and getting Openreach VDSL I think. At least ping times will be good when gaming. lol

Literally ZERO communication between Virgin Media and their "construction team". CC guy pretty much confirmed me this when asked why I'm being informed always the last minute.

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 12 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hey @deucecorp,

Thanks for coming back to us about this, I would like to look into this further for you but we would need to pass account security.

I will send over a private message now and we can look into this further for you.

Regards,

Steven_L

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
deucecorp
On our wavelength
Message 13 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Actually would be nice if someone from your side to call KELLY COMMUNICATIONS (instead of me ringing a third party company) and come back to me when you could agree about the line being feasible or not. 

Everything else is just empty customer relations blah blah. Quite tiresome for both of us I think. Other customers may believe these fairytales of 6-8 weeks council permits, I'm pretty aware it's just Kellys can't schedule a proper guy to attend and do the job. Saw it from inside too, not surprised at all. 

You said this case is escalated to managers, nothing happened. I was promised manager call backs, never happened.

0 Kudos
deucecorp
On our wavelength
Message 14 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Finally a manager called me, of course was in totally lack of information as anyone else, just the usual "calming" blah blah. She said "she can not guarantee and contractor didn't give a timeframe for the groundworks". But she tried to convince me this time, but yes, this time for sure it will be installed.

Totally incompetent. Both customer services as a whole & their supervisors.

0 Kudos
deucecorp
On our wavelength
Message 15 of 27
Flag for a moderator

How can any SERIOUS or responsible person give any promises, while she is not even aware of anything what's going on around the installation of the services?

Pathetic.

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 16 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming your information via a private message @deucecorp, unfortunately I cannot ring you from here as we are a digital only team, if you want to speak to an agent over the phone you would need to call into the team.

I'm not able to confirm anything for definite and I will be the same as the other managers but I have contacted the area manager, to see if they can advise any further on the issue and provide some reassurance that the install will go ahead for the planned date.

I will be in touch once they come back to me with an update.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
deucecorp
On our wavelength
Message 17 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Steve,

I appreciate your help. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 18 of 27
Flag for a moderator

You're welcome @deucecorp, I hope that I can get an update for you from the area manager and the construction team.

Regards,

Steven_L

0 Kudos
deucecorp
On our wavelength
Message 19 of 27
Flag for a moderator

On 29/04 a Virgin Media engineer attended the premises, checked all the cables and found out, there is no need to pull in any new cables, because the property is already Virgin cabled.

He asked me to translate whoever is attending to install: This is a period conversion split flat, one cable can run the services for both flats happily. Power levels were measured as well. We spoken a good 10 minutes and he ensured me, this service COULD HAVE BEEN installed without any fuss at the first go!

This whole situation is pretty shameful and clearly proves that I was 100% right, there is no communication between Kelly Communications and Virgin Media at all and substandard guys attending (or not attending) with the exception of last engineer who was Virgin employed.

Could anyone make sure this will happen finally next week? @Zak_M, @Steven_L?

I got 2 text messages today from 2 different numbers 07800 002 204 and 07445 576 718 respectively. The former is confirming the installation, the latter says another 2 weeks of delay.. 718 ending might be a scam number.

Honestly I have no idea what's going on, the whole thing is so stressing...

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 20 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi @deucecorp,

Thanks for coming back to us. I'm really sorry for the confusion and any frustration this is causing. I have reached out for the area manager for your area, explained the situation and also what the site survey person has advised. I have also seen the install has been delayed so the SMS you received was correct but as I say, I've reached out to the best person to clarify what's happening here and will be in touch when I know more.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos