So just a bit of backstory, I moved into my house 8 years ago just before I went off to university and before the move I was informed by Virgin that the new area I was moving too was more than suitable for the Virgin services I required and that was great, low and behold that didn’t go ahead and when we got there, we had to change suppliers and be without sufficient internet for almost a year which was nothing short of an utter disaster.
Fast forward to last Wednesday, almost 8-years later! I get back from a trip in Ireland I find out that while on holiday, a virgin representational agent had been around to my area, told me I can now get the services that I require and they are now available, I was ecstatic, I would be upgrading in every way and my contract is due to end rather soon, so I jumped at the opportunity immediately.
I ordered the services and then everything was going great, the direct debit was set up, the contract had come through and it was signed, I got a great deal and then today I get a text and an email that states:
“We've tried to call about your upcoming installation, as unfortunately we need to put it on hold.
While our engineers were preparing to install your services, they visited your area to check the cable near your home and found a problem that needs some extra work before we can get you up and running.
As soon as we know how long this work will take, we'll be in touch”.
(A quick note, my installation isn’t due to 05/03/2019)
Now bear in mind, not only did they not ring me, they texted me and asked to reply when I could outside of office hours so now I’m just downtrodden. I’ve given virgin, a company that let me down in the past and I’ve been reluctant to give th another chance and this has happened and based on all the other posts in this forum, it’s not looking good.
Should I just cancel and cut my losses or what?
tl:dr - Ordered virgin, not due until 5th of March, 2019. Already delayed due to unspecified reason, don’t know where to go from here.