Menu
psycorp
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

New install of V6 box. Failing error code C119

My internet wandered off last Tuesday (5th March 2019) at 10:30am when a Virgin van appeared outside my local green cabinet.  I figured it might be a good time to upgrade to the V6 box and new router which I received Saturday. The lady in the shop where I collected it from warned me not to throw away the box as most people seem to need to send it back................. Oh great I thought

Replied to the text saying "GO" unplugged old kit and plugged in new kit and nothing, bugger all zip diddly squat.  Tried everything I was told to do on screen but still nothing.

I think what has happened is that you have turned my connection off (Tuesday 5th March 2019 10:30am) (and I cannot face phoning and speaking to people who can barely read the script they have been given)

Please look into this Account No {Mod Edit} Area 31.

Cheers 🙂

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: New install of V6 box. Failing error code C119

Firstly, please remove your account number from your post. This is a public forum & personal account details should never be posted here. Forum Team staff will ask for these details via a secure method if they are required.

As for your issue, check that the white coaxial cable is plugged firmly into the back of the V6 box & the splitter connecting it to VMs network. Error C119 usually means there is no signal from this cable.

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports/Cinema (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, 350M BB, Virgin PAYG Mobile
0 Kudos
psycorp
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Like I said, my kit had not been touched physically in months, everything was working fine.

Internet wandered off Tuesday 5th 10:30am WHILE I WAS AT WORK and has not worked since, sounds like a simple issue but on Virgins Medias end and NOT mine, you know having not touched anything an all...

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Community elder
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You have to activate your hub and V6. If the hub still doesn't work, call VM.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
psycorp
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I sent the "GO" text message and got one back from Virgin saying that they'd sent the signal to my home...

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Community elder
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Call VM and say that your broadband and TV don't work. If activation wasn't done the agent can do it. If there is still a problem a technician can be sent to your home.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@psycorp wrote:

My internet wandered off last Tuesday (5th March 2019) at 10:30am when a Virgin van appeared outside my local green cabinet.  I figured it might be a good time to upgrade to the V6 box and new router which I received Saturday. The lady in the shop where I collected it from warned me not to throw away the box as most people seem to need to send it back................. Oh great I thought

Replied to the text saying "GO" unplugged old kit and plugged in new kit and nothing, bugger all zip diddly squat.  Tried everything I was told to do on screen but still nothing.

I think what has happened is that you have turned my connection off (Tuesday 5th March 2019 10:30am) (and I cannot face phoning and speaking to people who can barely read the script they have been given)

Cheers 🙂

I think you have just answered the question yourself. As I read it your connection went off at the same time as a van appeared at the cabinet. Possibility? They have used your tap for another customer by mistake. You decide to upgrade at the shop, but you dont report the fault. You connect your new kit, but attached to a drop that is disconnected, hence nothing will activate.

You really needed to call faults in the first place to get your connection restored. You are probably looking at a week without any services, & as you haven't reported the fault you might not get a refund from the time Virgin made the first error & disconnected you.

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports/Cinema (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, 350M BB, Virgin PAYG Mobile
0 Kudos