cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New install, internal cable to hub too short, difficult to connect my ethernet cables

Ronnie52
On our wavelength

Just had VM installed this morning and the coax cable from internal splitter to hub is too short. I cannot move the hub enough away from the wall to access ethernet ports comfortably or read the label on bottom of hub…..what do I do

4 REPLIES 4

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your only option is a manned install. This should be free as you cannot use the equipment in the position you want to.

Call the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734 & they will book a technician.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ronnie52
On our wavelength

The install was done this morning by a VM technician and I only discovered the coax cable he made up or supplied was too short when I went to connect my Ethernet cables otherwise he's done a good job The cable is about 1m and if it had been1.3m it would have been perfect

The cable from the internal box to the hub was installed behind corner shelving to the hub and works fine but its just too short for me to plug in my ethernet cables which are more than long enough, without a struggle. I cant even turn hub upside down to read the passwords on the bottom.

Anyhow, after ringing the number suggested, I finally got through and spoke to 3 different advisors, the last one offered to send me a 5m cable which I did not want so he has apparently booked me a technician to sort it on 14th March

So fingers crossed🤞

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@daviebeech wrote:

I managed to get my own official cover agtwe waiting numerous times for Virgin I decided to buy myself one from the link below. Official white or Brown available

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/225418622571?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=3lwkpxgftem&s...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/225418622571?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=3lwkpxgftem&s...

Are you replying to the correct post?  This one has nothing to do with the outside boxes you are linking to.

If not - just delete/edit them

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Maximum cable length VM supply made up is 3 metres. So what you got was the usual CS drivel. At least you managed to get a tech booked.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks