Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New install - cable pull not done, CS don’t know about it

mattanorak
On our wavelength

Hi all,

New install - different property.

Guys came round last week to pull the cable (using Openreach ducts) to the property but realised that the concrete driveway needs a it cutting where the duct comes in.  They couldn’t do it as they didn’t have the tools, so another team would have to come.  Couldn’t say when…

The install is supposed to happen on Saturday.

I got a call from someone at VM yesterday to ask me all the basic stuff I have to the guy when first registering (phone number, yes we want to port it from BT, package details, installation date…etc).

So far not filled with confidence that this will happen, as Customer Services know nothing about the cable pull and need to cut a bit of the drive near the duct.

Any suggestions as to who I can speak to?  Contacting CS was even more difficult as I do have an account number, but nothing seems to be set up yet!

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you for joining me on private message @mattanorak

Hopefully this is now all resolved for you. If you have any further questions or concerns please do not hesitate to come back to us here at the community forums, we'll be here to help if needed. 

All the best, 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

mattanorak
On our wavelength

Ah, magic.  The engineers have just turned up!

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @mattanorak,

Thank you for the update.

Can you please let us know how it went?

Do you not need help regarding this now?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Hayley_S,

All went well thanks.The fibre was pulled on Friday and the engineer came yesterday to install.  Both teams were fantastic.

The only disappointment (and this is nothing to do with the engineers) was that despite asking for our number to be ported from BT at the time of the application, and someone from customer services calling me on Wednesday double checking that I wanted my BT number porting, this hasn’t happened and there was no record of it!

The engineer called the porting team for me while he was here yesterday and has arranged for this to happen, but that will take 7-10 days and I’m now going to be billed by BT for the overlapping phone contract time.

Hi @mattanorak

Glad to hear that the installation went well and you were happy with the teams work. Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and take a look further into your port request. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you for joining me on private message @mattanorak

Hopefully this is now all resolved for you. If you have any further questions or concerns please do not hesitate to come back to us here at the community forums, we'll be here to help if needed. 

All the best, 

Here to help 🙂
Carley