cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New install awaiting over 2 months

Mr_SM
Tuning in

Virgin has reschedule around 5 times now usually a day or few days before the proposed date it has been on going since June. I logged a formal complaint which has been over a month and no response. I have been on the phone to them a number of times and when they transfer me to the installation team they just look at my account and then put me on hold and cut me off this has happened twice. The call centre staff in India are useless, I need this issue escalated but struggling to get the issue resolved or looked and there is no email address or contact the team in India can provide that can help investigate this issue further. As a brand new customer you would be hoping they want my money but it doesn't seem to be the case.  I am wanting to see if anyone can provide me the director or senior manager details for installation and on boarding as so far the experience I have had has been absolutely awful. 

I am now looking at alternatives and if this issue is not resolved in the next two weeks I will be giving my custom to another service provider.

4 REPLIES 4

goslow
Alessandro Volta

You'll get no sensible or reliable answers from VM on this, unfortunately. Read through the many similar past topics on this forum and you'll get a feel for how bungling and chaotic VM's installation procedures are in cases where a particular installation runs into any kind of difficulty or delay.

Has VM given you any kind of indication as to what the delay is being caused by?

The current record as far as we know is a little over 13 MONTHS delay, so you have some way to go to rival that!

As mentioned above, there really is no way to escalate it, in fact nobody at VM will be sure or know what the reasons are or what is happening, all of the installation is outsourced to various companies who don't seem to have any mechanism of feeding back information. The VM staff will only know that it is due today and only when it doesn't happen to their systems update and it gets moved on another day or so!

One thing you could do is to indeed consider other suppliers - even a 4G or 5G connection on a monthly rolling tariff might be OK. But even if you do sign up with someone else permanently, you might not want to cancel the VM install! The reason is that if they do finally get you connected up, you can test it and immediately cancel within the 14 day cooling off period at no cost to you. At least, though you will know that the cables are all there and working, should you want to give VM another try in the future.

John

Wow 13 months.  Thanks for feedback and your correct about getting the line installed and cancelling in cooling off period makes sense. Can't believe there is no escalation points or anyone accountable to deal with this issue. 

Hi there @Mr_SM, welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to see your install has been delayed, I can certainly understand the frustration with this.

I have checked our system and can see there does seem to be an update with your complaint so I send you a PM to discuss this further.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules