cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New hub not working

lemosilveira
Tuning in

Hello everyone.

I've just joined VM and received today my quick start package (hub) as my place had VM before. "here we go" I thought "finally getting my own Internet" . Plugged everything in, router doesn't even turn on. Cables are well connected, switch is turned to on. Changed socket, still not working. Landlord used to have VM, still has the router, tried the old power cable, still not working.

Tried the new power cable and old router and what do you know, it turns on. Basically received a broken router (hub) on my very first experience with virgin media.

Whats the next step here?

15 REPLIES 15

Hi @lemosilveira

Just a quick note to confirm you're satisfied with the response and efforts of the forum team?  Remember if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand.

Regards

Lee_R

Absolutely. I've had more answers and help from 1 person in the forum team (@Lee_R) in one day than I've had from about 4 different people over 2 days from phone customer support.

To anyone seeing this: post in the forum. 100x better than calling customer support.

Please keep us informed @lemosilveira

As I say I have put the relevant information on to the job sheet.

Regards

Lee

Hi there Joao

Our records show that the issue has now been resolved.  Can you please confirm if this is the case?

Regards

Lee

Hi again.

Would have left an update about 30mins ago but was just finishing my cabling shenanigans. Tech came in swapped the faulty router straight away and got it all setup and running smoothly. Cool tech.

Thank you Lee_R for the amazing help. Forum team is 10/10 here!

Now finally enjoying my broadband!

That's great news @lemosilveira

Remember if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand.

Regards

Lee_R