cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New house, old connection

S_mccallion
Tuning in

Good morning everyone,

Just moved to a new house which had this splitter attached directly from the wall lead. I have used different variations of the cables supplied from the Quick Start pack but I am continuing to get a blinking green light on the router and no connection

If someone can tell me how much of an idiot I'm being and guide me in the right direction I'd be happy!

Screenshot_20210808_095647.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

S_mccallion
Tuning in

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

The connector pictured is actually what's inside the white box that's on the wall. I went to my old house where the box was and took the panel off to see how it was connected up.

The cable from the wall went to the AMP port.

Power cable went to PW/IN.

And TV/RF cable went to the router.

So all good and a happy household now!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

not sure thats a splitter - others may know more but easy way to test connection is remove it and connect hub to cable coming through wall - if after activation you have internet connection nip to B & Q and get one of these

https://www.diy.com/departments/tristar-data-cable-coupler/571706_BQ.prd

connect the  isolator cable that came with the hub and you are good to go

Tony.
Sacked VIP

S_mccallion
Tuning in

Thanks for your reply. 

Not sure it is either to be honest. I tried connecting the cable Coming out of the wall (connected to the IN part) directly to the router with no success.

@S_mccallion wrote:

Thanks for your reply. 

Not sure it is either to be honest. I tried connecting the cable Coming out of the wall (connected to the IN part) directly to the router with no success.

if you have no connection without it then follow the cable that comes out of the wall - it should go back to the external box if its the input - if it does and all connections are good and you have activated and still have no connection you need a tech to sort it

Tony.
Sacked VIP

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Have you tried calling to activate after making the direct connection to the wall?

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
as per jpeg1's suggestion - Call the equipment activation number on - 0800 953 9500 – you will need the serial number/MAC address off the barcode sticker and also your account number, Call now but at 08.00 (Mon-Sat) or 09.00 (Sun) for the best chance of getting through quickly.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

S_mccallion
Tuning in

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

The connector pictured is actually what's inside the white box that's on the wall. I went to my old house where the box was and took the panel off to see how it was connected up.

The cable from the wall went to the AMP port.

Power cable went to PW/IN.

And TV/RF cable went to the router.

So all good and a happy household now!

EightBall
Superfast

That's a power inserter for an ONU so there's a plug missing from it for a start.

Probably best to book a tech.

edit: just seen actually sorted it yourself.