cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New house is only one on street without fibre access

Horlj
Tuning in

I’m thinking this has to be a mistake?

There are 20 houses or so on the street I’m moving to, all of them can get VM Fibre apart from mine. When checking online, the entire street is connected to ‘Cabinet 10’ (The same as me)

im hoping that there’s a mistake on a database somewhere and that actually, I am able to get virgin but they’re being told I can’t for whatever reason. Anyone bumped into a similar problem themselves or can anyone offer any advice? 

I’ll be calling the sales team tomorrow to see what they say about it but I’m assuming they’ll just tell me what I can already see myself, which is it isn’t available to me 

thanks! 

7 REPLIES 7

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
A VM person will take a look for you when they get here in a day or two.

It "could" be because they have signed up the maximum number of customers for you location.. See what they say tomorrow or the VM preson who responds here.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

JOE-C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there, I can certainly help you with this, I will send you a private message (purple envelope top right corner) where I can discuss it further with you.

Thanks Joe 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Horlj
Tuning in

Are any virgin moderators online that could potentially help me with something?

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Horlj, let us know what you need help with specifically and we'll do our best. 

Tom 

Hi Tom.

I live in a street where everyone has access to fibre apart from myself & my next door neighbour (Number 47 & 49). We're the two closest houses to the cabinet we use, the same cabinet is used by everyone in our street. The next street over which is just across the road from me, also has access to fibre, as well as another street right next to me.

It makes absolutely no sense to me that I can't seem to get Fibre broadband installed, as on the website I am told it is 'Not available in your area' even though we're one of the closest houses to the cabinet and EVERYONE else can get it! This has to surely be a database/admin error somewhere? It doesn't make sense to me how we can't get it yet neighbours who are further down from me (Again, using the same cabinet) can get it.

I've called the sales team and am apparently going to have to wait weeks before someone can even go out and check to see it. Surely something else can be done to speed this up? I just can't believe that we genuinely don't have access.

Hi Horlj

Thanks for explaining

Can you check the purple envelope please

I will need to take some details off you to chase this up 

Gareth_L

Thanks for your details Horlj

I have asked for an update with the Team that deal with questions like yours 

As soon as I have any details, I can let you know 

Gareth_L