cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer switch

GCC1
Joining in

Will Virgin notify my current provider Talk Talk that I am switching to them? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JOE-C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning,

You will need to contact talk talk to inform them that you are cancelling their services. As we use a completely different line it will not be automatically cancelled 

Have you managed to get a package set up with us? Do you need any assistance getting information or prices with us?

Regards Joe 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

HI @GCC1 

If you are porting your phone number to VM then VM will inform talktalk and talktalk should close your phone subscription.

Doing that though won't cancel your talktalk broadband and/or TV subscription so you need to cancel talktalk yourself

Please be aware if you are porting your phone number across to VM don't cancel with talktalk until the phone number has been ported across.

If the contract is cancelled before the number is ported you will lose the number.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

JOE-C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning,

You will need to contact talk talk to inform them that you are cancelling their services. As we use a completely different line it will not be automatically cancelled 

Have you managed to get a package set up with us? Do you need any assistance getting information or prices with us?

Regards Joe 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Hi thank you I've signed to a package waiting for engineer visit later in month. When I spoke to Talk Talk they insisted I speak to Virgin first about notification of a switch. Thanks for your reply. 

Hi GCC1,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, they will tell you to speak to us about switching, since it us that initiates the switching request.

Cheers,

Corey C