cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer not working

Sneaker52
Joining in

I had broadband installed this morning. It’s very slow and spent hours on what’s app trying to order a booster only to be told they can’t do it until the account has been working a week. The internet keeps cutting out and can’t even watch sky glass without it buffering. Should have stayed with BT!

also it won’t connect to the Virgin Media Connect app. Any help gratefully received. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Remember - you can cancel the VM contract and incur no costs at all within the 14-day post installation cooling off period and stick with BT if it doesnt work to your satisafaction

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Are you within the 14 day cooling-off period ? If so you are allowed o cancel and incur no charges whatsoever.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Looks like I may do that. I’ve just been on the phone for 34 minutes to be passed around then put on hold then someone hang up on me. I just want some blooming so-go pods and help knowing why the app won’t link to the hub. 

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Sneaker52, 

Thanks for your post and a big welcome to the forums. We're glad to have you in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you've had issues with your connection and with trying to order the WiFi pods. These are part of the WiFi Max service we offer but with a new install, it can take some time for things to settle on the network. 

From our conversation on Twitter, I'm aware the engineer identified a blackspot so I'd like to help with getting the first pod ordered. In order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi @Sneaker52,

Thanks for coming back to me via private message with your information. 

I have added the WiFI Max service to the account for you and your first pod has been ordered. It will be delivered to your home address and you'll receive a text message to confirm the delivery date and tracking information. 

Once you receive your pod, this link should help you get it up and running and installed. If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know. 

Take care

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks very much. 
Did you also see the photo that my box lights are orange. I wonder if this is why it keeps cutting out and won’t link up to the VM connect app?

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Orange light is a common feature of the Hub3. Its usually associated with a failing/fading LED from the batch used by the manafacturer. It has no relevance to performance. Only ime to be concerned is it it turns bright red = overheating

--------------------
John
--------------------

OK thanks John. 
just as it’s new and the internet is poor thought it may be an issue. Luckily I’ve still got BT internet for 30 days as I thought Virgin would cancel that when I moved but apparently not. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Remember - you can cancel the VM contract and incur no costs at all within the 14-day post installation cooling off period and stick with BT if it doesnt work to your satisafaction

--------------------
John
--------------------

As much as I don’t want to I may have to. I’ll see once the booster arrives. 
Also in the list of Wi-Fi networks the virgin one says “weak security” but as the Virgin Media Connect app won’t find the Wi-Fi I can’t change any settings. 

can someone from Virgin help out please?