cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer but have modem in property already

Paul2022
Joining in

Hi guys, just signed up and due to receive a modem on Friday for a quick set up. Thing is, I already have a Virgin modem that wasn't collected when the missus tried to go with someone cheaper. Could I connect that you think?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This one comes up in the TV boards occasionally, but I'd be 95% confident the answer is the same.... which is no.

Depending what model the old router is (you've not said), if VM wanted it back then you've done well to not have a non-return charge imposed. VM will also have associated the new kit they're supplying, with your new account.

Even if they wanted to alter the equipment details in this way (and I'm not sure they would), it's probably asking for a whole world of pain from the C/S systems.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This one comes up in the TV boards occasionally, but I'd be 95% confident the answer is the same.... which is no.

Depending what model the old router is (you've not said), if VM wanted it back then you've done well to not have a non-return charge imposed. VM will also have associated the new kit they're supplying, with your new account.

Even if they wanted to alter the equipment details in this way (and I'm not sure they would), it's probably asking for a whole world of pain from the C/S systems.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks