Menu
Vidvan
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New customer, Old NTL box, no connection

Good morning, 

I received my quick start up kit yesterday and set everything up as I should of. I also called virgin who activated my connection but I'm still getting a green flashing light on my Hub 3.0. My cable boxes are the old NTL kind and I've been in my house 5 years, is there a possibility they've been disconnected? The cables and connectors all look in good condition! I've also reset the Hub several times but no luck.

Many thanks

James 

0 Kudos
Daryl_l
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New customer, Old NTL box, no connection

Hi there my name is daryl I am a virgin media technician currently working from home. Sometimes the connection gets taken out from the cabinets in the street if a property hadsn't been virgin customer for a long time. This frees up space and stops the network being congested. Just need to ring customer services and book a tech and they will reconnect it. Hope this helps and if your interested I can also save you £50 of your bill

0 Kudos
Vidvan
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Daryl, thanka for your reply. Is there anyway of organising a technician to sort this issue out from here? I've spoken to several people now and they've all seemed to just snub me off and told me they've activated my connection and to try that.... I still have no Internet and a constant flashing green base light. 

0 Kudos
Daryl_l
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there you would have to book it through customer service as all jobs need to be booked in through them. Just tell them you need to book a tech as internet is not working. They.shoukd be able to book it as a fault straight away 

0 Kudos