Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

New contract and can't set up

My dad was sold a new Virgin package in the last 2 weeks, an upgrade on his old contract. He was (mis)informed by the sales guy that he would be able to set everything up himself. Having attempted to resolve this and tireless conversations with my dad over his mobile phone, it appears that additional equipment is needed to complete installation or its not as easy as stated. He also informs me that he has been charged £35 for installation, which clearly has not been the case.

I can't go to my dad house due to lock down and he is incredibly vulnerable due to mental health issues. He now has no TV,internet or home phone! I live in fear that this will send him over the edge.

It is clear that he cannot complete the installation, but he still has all the old equipment set up. How can his old package be reinstated until we come out of quarantine and someone can support him when the contact centres and field staff are available again?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New contract and can't set up

explain what the problem is. What did he upgrade and what equipment is missing

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New contract and can't set up

Try going to the customer live chat help, they should be able to help with package change.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos