Menu
CarlyD88
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New connection...

Hi

There is a possibility within the coming weeks that I will need to move out of my property. We currently have virgin media connection (passed min term contract). The account is in my name. If I move out my flatmate will be looking to set up a new connection. As my moving out is somewhat up in the air year, and still not 100% I do not want to go ahead and cancel the connection just yet, mostly due to the fact we are both still working and studying from home. Obviously, we cannot be without our internet connection due to this.

If my flatmate were to sign up to VM whilst there is an active connection, generally what would happen? Would there be a break in our services or would it switch fairly simply? If this were the case, would my account then be cancelled when their account becomes active and then I'd be sent a final bill? Or would I still need to cancel the account?

If I were to do it in a way where I cancel my account & then for my flatmate to order their own services, is it likely her connection would be activated before our services became inactive? 

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New connection...

Hello

You would need to give 30 days to cancel the 30 days rolling contract, and your flat mate can sign up during this period with a start date the day after your termination date, he will receive new equipment and you will have to return your equipment.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

I will send you a private message for your account details and check to see what’s the best solution for you.

thank you

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Don’t forget with a new connection your flat mate may well get a good “introduction deal”. /

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos