cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New connection replacing previous occupants connection

Francis-marc
Joining in

Hi

I have ordered a new fibre broadband connection arriving on 14 Feb 21. The current occupant is also currently using a virgin media broadband connection that is set to cancel on 22 Feb 2021. 
Question: will I be able to use my new connection immediately on the 14th Feb or do I need to ask the current occupant to leave their old router till the 22nd Feb as I cannot afford to not have a connection.

thank you

Thank You

3 REPLIES 3

AlexanderMTTH
Superfast

Hey. I don't know the answer to your questions what I do know however is that these equipments (routers, TV boxes, etc) are rented, not give as a absolute benefit with a contract. This being said, your previous tenant will need to return it, or pay for it. 

How much this is enforced by VM I'm not sure as I've always returned old equipment and insisted my closed ones did so as well. 

The idea is, if they it, he will have a missed equipment on their account. What you can do, if you're close and they trust you, you can return it for them as soon as you get yours. Returns are free with Collect+, you just need the correct account number. They can also order a return pack to you directly and you just put it in the box or bag and drop it at a drop off point. (Keep the receipt if you do so). 

Otherwise always return your equipment to any and all companies that lend them to you. You wouldn't stand a chance against that bill or the Communication Ombudsman. 

Thanks and regards,
Alexander

• This might be useful to you as well:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Need-help-Returning-equipment/td-p/492244...

I've also assumed you're previous tenant canceled their VM contract and did not change address. If they changed address and took their contract with them, they most surely will need to take the router too. 

Thanks and regards,
Alexander

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi,

I'll need to take a look into this for you.

I'll send you a private message to take some details and we'll go from there

Thanks,

Christy 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more