cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New cable needed for router

Samcommunityac1
Tuning in

Hey there, we have a new floor been put in, and the router moved.

The cable that goes from the box to the router is now about 5 metres too long, and we would like it switched it with a far shorter cable.

Can I please get a virgin tech to come out and visit.

Cheers, Sam

6 REPLIES 6

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Yes, you can phone Customer Support to book a technician who will do whatever changes you need.   There is a fixed charge of £25

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Okay brilliant! Whats the best number to call? I'm not a virgin mobile user, and I cannot find an official number anywhere.

If you have a Virgin landline phone it's 150, otherwise 0345 454 1111

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Samcommunityac1 

The 0345 number is included in most calls packages the same as dialling 01 and 02 numbers, however if yours isn't then you can also call freephone number 0800 052 0422

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for the help team, engineer booked in for a visit. Cheers!

Hi @Samcommunityac1,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you have been having issues with your router cabling. We are however glad that our community was able to help regarding this and you have an upcoming appointment. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs