Menu
Towersk3
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New build team

Hi I have recently moved into a newbuild gleeson property. The property has wires going to it, with blanking tape stating virgin media, there is a grey cabinet roughly 50 meters from my front door, I have spoken to the site building manager, and he confirmed everything is set, I just need to call virgin and sign up to a deal with them.. This is where it gets frustrating. I called the sales team, and was advised it can sometimes take 10 days to update, so they would send somebody in the area, to check the wires and see if the cabinet is working. I then called back 3 weeks later as I had never heard anything, to be told this is not the case, nobody would go to check the cabinet, I need to stop calling the sales team, as they have sales targets, and he can't get his target if he's speaking to me, I just need to wait, I was then told I can try to speak to the new homes team. I spoke to the new homes team, and they advised I would have a callback before 21st December, as they can see a lot of other property's in the street have virgin, and I've still had no contact. Can anybody help, as I'm beginning to feel virgin don't want any more customers, as I know my 2 neighbours are experiancing the exact same issues. Thanks

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New build team

new builds are notoriously bad as it's the developers themselves that are repsonsible for the cabling work.
have you spoken to the developers to ensure they have done everything they need to do in terms of completing the work and informing virgin?
0 Kudos
Towersk3
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Yes the developer have confirmed everything on there side is complete.. I can see the wires are in place, and the virgin cabinet has been built within the last 2 month outside my house. Just when I speak to virgin they don't seem to be able to locate my property

0 Kudos
dnpark38
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Maybe yourself and the two neighbours plus more should do a single letter to your developer at a high level of having been miss sold that VM would be available.

"VM 50 Mps Broadband and anytime phone."
0 Kudos