Menu
George881
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

New build property

Hello. 

I have recently moved into a new build property. Trays hill close, ashmount road, London, N193FE. You have been a virgin customer for over 8 years. Soon as I moved house I notified virgin media and was told unfortunately they can’t provide fibre in this area. My question is when will you provide fibre because I would like to stay with you guys. I’m a gamer on a daily bases and love streaming HD movies on a daily bases also. Please help 

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: New build property

If the new build developer hasn't put virgin cables in it would probably take between 5 and 10 years or possibly never

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

what jb66 has said is correct, unfortunately for you.
0 Kudos
George881
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

O wow can’t believe that. Should I chase up my housing association you think and demand they install fibre connection? I thank you for your reply. 

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Once the road is laid virgin are not allowed to dig it up until its adopted by your council. I'd ask them if there are plans for fibre broadband

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Although VM has cabling along Ashmount Road there was no extension to Trays Hill Close as the developer either didn't ask VM or was refused by VM. As advised by other posters it's unlikely to happen for quite a while - if ever. People who need broadband have to add it to their list of other requirements when house hunting.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@George881 wrote:

O wow can’t believe that. Should I chase up my housing association you think and demand they install fibre connection? I thank you for your reply. 

you can't demand anything really. virgin have no obligation to provide service to any property.
and it's now too late to ask your developer as that would need to have been done before the house was built.

0 Kudos
George881
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I thank you all for your reply’s. Much appreciated. Guess I got to move again 

0 Kudos